We might think that instances of home fire will be less in the winter times, but in reality, more home fires occur in winter due to increased usage of heaters and stoves. Note that most of the home fire accidents in winter start from cooking and not from the heater or wiring issues. The tips shared by modular home manufacturers can help you prevent an outbreak of fire in your lovely modular home.
Ensure that you do not leave the stove unattended, especially when the stovetop is on. As per the statistics of the U.S. Fire Administration, Thanksgiving is the day on which the maximum number of fire accidents takes place. It is true that some of these accidents happen when clothing or some other inflammable materials are exposed to open flames, but most of them happen when the stovetop is left unattended by the homeowner.
To prevent any accidents, you need to move all utensils, tools, and food items away from the stovetop when not in the kitchen. In addition, do not place cleaning sponges, towels, or any other inflammable items near the cooking top.
You need to be more careful while using heating equipments inside your home. A space heater is a cost effective way to heat the interiors of the home, but these heaters account for more than eight percent of the home fire accidents. If you have kids in your home, make sure that you place the home heater in areas that are inaccessible to children. This can help you prevent burns and fire accidents to children from the heating equipment. Another important thing is to keep all inflammable items at a distance of at least three feet from the heater.
For many of us decorating the home is inevitable on holidays. However, you need to understand that most of the home fires start due to lack of precaution in holiday decoration. Shockingly, reports show that more than half of the home fires in the USA is caused as no proper precautions are taken.
You can use battery-operated candles in place of actual candles, as these can be brighter than the actual ones. Another thing that you need to ensure is that there are no heat and fire sources near the holiday lighting and decoration.